Community Supported Agriculture
The Double 8 Alpaca Ranch Community Supported Agriculture program is a way for crafts-persons to get locally grown and processed alpaca fleece and yarn for which to make their products while also helping the farmer/producer defray the up front costs to process our fleece harvest.
We have three share types:
Farm Yarn Stash - Includes 12 skeins of 100% alpaca in 2 or 3 plys. Join the CSA early to custom order your yarn weights/sizes. Each skein is approximately 150 yds.
Natural Colors share is $325 / Hand-dyed Color share is $375
Farm Yarn Sampler - essentially a half share of the Farm Yarn Stash.
Natural Colors share is $175 / Hand-dyed Color share is $200
Handspinner Share - Includes 1LB of carefully skirted and washed natural color alpaca fiber, pin drafted into beautiful roving.
Full share is $125 / half share is $70
In addition, all share owners recieve:
- Periodic Alpaca Herd Updates from Double 8 Alpaca Ranch
- Invites to special farm events such as Shearing Day Harvest Celebration (reserve your fiber as it comes off the alpaca) and our Fall Fiber, Foliage & Friends Open Farm Day
- Double 8 Tote Bag for your yarn or fiber
- First chance to purchase limited edition yarns and roving
- a voucher for 10% off any farm store merchandise including additional additional CSA shares, yarn, products such as gloves, hats, scarves, and rugs
Fiber milling will begin June 15th
Click Here to Purchase Shares by June 15th
Custom Yarn Available
Double 8 Yarn and Fiber customers now have the opportunity to custom order their yarn.
Call us to place your custom yarn order before June 15th. .
Need something light and lacy?
Planning on making some socks, hats or gloves?
How about a soft and warm scarf?
Let us know what color and style of yarn you want and we will produce it for you. We can make most popular weights and plys including 2, 3, or 4 ply fingering, lace, sport, DK, and bulky weight in natural or dyed colors.
Place Your Custom Yarn Request at http://double8alpacas.com/order_form by June 15th